Studio B may be the little sister of Studio A, but what she lacks in size she makes up for in equipment!
Designed as a dedicated tracking room, perfected for drums & percussion with a full floor to ceiling stone wall, it is suitable for any number of tracking applications.
Studio B is completely wheelchair accessible and has its own toilet facilities on the same level.
AT A GLANCE:
- ROOMS: Control, Live
- PREAMPS: 12 x Neve 1081 / 4 x Neve 1073DPA
- CONVERSION: APOGEE Symphony I/OMKII 16×16 Thunderbolt
- MONITORS: NEUMANN KH310 A 3-way Active
- COMPUTER: APPLE iMac Retina 5K 4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 16gb RAM
- SOFTWARE: AVID Pro Tools HD + APPLE Logic Pro X
CALL +44 (0) 203 874 0044 to book STUDIO B now.
COMPLETE EQUIPMENT LIST
- AKG C414EB with Brass CK-12 Capsule x 1
- BEYERDYNAMIC M160 x 1
- BEYERDYNAMIC M88TG x 1
- COLES 4038 x 2
- DRUM WORKSHOP Moon Mic x 1
- ELECTROVOICE RE20 x 2
- NEUMANN U87 AI x 2
- NEUMANN TLM103 x 2
- NEUMANN KM184 x 2
- NEUMANN U47 FET x 1
- ROYER R121 x 1
- SENNHEISER MD421 II x 4
- SENNHEISER MD441 x 2
- SHURE SM57 x 4
- NEVE 1073DPA x 4 (8 Individual Channels)
- NEVE 4081 x 10 (40 Individual Channels)
- BAREFOOT SOUND MicroMain35 Gen2
- NEUMANN KH310 A 3-way Active
- AMPHION One15
- GENELEC 8030A
- EVENT ELECTRONICS TR8 XL
- AKG K701 x 2
- BEYERDYNAMIC DT 770 PRO80 Ohm x 4
- EXTREME ISOLATION EX29 x 2
- MACKIE 3204-VLZ4 32 Channel Analogue Mixer
- MACKIE 1604-VLZ4 16 Channel Analogue Mixer
- CLARITY HeadLite 3 x 3 (12 Individual Cue Mixes)
- APPLE Mac Pro 7GHz 12-Core, 32gb RAM
- APPLE iMac Retina 5K 4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 16gb RAM
- APOGEE Symphony I/OMKII 32×32 Thunderbolt
- APOGEE Symphony I/O MkII 16×16 Thunderbolt
- AVID Artist Control
- AVID Artist Mix x 6
- AVID Artist Transport
- AVID Pro Tools HD
- APPLE Logic Pro X
- ADOBE Audition CC
- SOLID STATE LOGIC X-Desk
- RADIAL JDI
- RADIAL J48 mk2
- RADIAL ProD2 Full Range Stereo Passive Direct Box
- RADIAL X-Amp Active Re-Amplifier
- UNIVERSAL AUDIO UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Octo Ultimate 4 x 2
- 1176LN Legacy Limiting Amplifier
- 1176SE Legacy Limiting Amplifier
- AKG BX20 Spring Reverb
- Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder
- API 550 Parametric EQ
- API 560 Graphic EQ
- API Vision Channel Strip
- Bermuda Triangle
- Cambridge EQ
- Cooper® Time Cube Mk II Delay
- CS-1 Channel Strip
- dbx® 160 Compressor / Limiter
- DreamVerb Room Modeler
- EMT® 140 Classic Plate Reverberator
- EMT® 250 Classic Electronic Reverb
- EP-34 Tape Echo
- Fairchild® 660 Compressor
- Fairchild® 670 Compressor
- Fairchild® 670 Legacy Compressor
- FATSO™ Jr. Tape Sim. & Compressor
- FATSO™ Sr. Tape Sim. & Compressor
- Harrison® 32C Channel EQ
- Harrison® 32C SE Channel EQ
- Helios™ Type 69 EQ
- Ibanez® Tube Screamer TS808
- Lexicon® 224 Digital Reverb
- Little Labs® IBP Phase Alignment Tool
- Little Labs® Voice Of God Bass Resonance
- Manley® Massive Passive EQ
- Manley® Massive Passive Mastering EQ
- Manley® Stereo Variable Mu Limiter Compressor
- Moog® Multimode Filter
- Moog® Multimode Filter SE
- MXR® Flanger/Doubler
- Neve® 1073 Preamp & EQ
- Neve® 1073 Legacy Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 1073SE Legacy Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 1081 Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 1081SE Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 31102 Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 31102SE Classic Console EQ
- Neve® 33609 Compressor
- Neve® 33609SE Compressor
- Neve® 88RS Legacy Channel Strip
- Neve® 88RS Channel Strip
- Ocean Way Studios Dynamic Room Modeling
- Oxide Tape Recorder
- Precision Buss Compressor
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision De-Esser
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod Long
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Precision Enhancer kHz
- Precision Equalizer
- Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery
- Precision Limiter
- Precision Maximizer
- Precision Multiband
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Pultec EQP-1A Passive EQ
- Pultec MEQ-5 Passive EQ
- Pultec HLF-3C Passive EQ
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy EQ
- Pultec-Pro Legacy EQ
- Raw Distortion
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- SPL® Transient Designer
- SSL® E Series Channel Strip
- SSL® G Series Bus Compressor
- Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder
- Teletronix® LA-2A Gray Classic Leveler
- Teletronix® LA-2A Silver Classic Leveler
- Teletronix® LA-2 Classic Leveler
- Teletronix® LA-2A Legacy Leveling Amplifier
- Teletronix® LA-3A Classic Audio Leveler
- Thermionic Culture Vulture®
- Trident® A-Range Classic Console EQ
- UA 1176 Rev A Classic Limiter
- UA 1176AE Classic Limiter
- UA 1176LN Rev E Classic Limiter
- UA 610-A Preamp & EQ
- UA 610-B Preamp & EQ
- EASTWEST ComposerCloud
- The Dark Side
- Fab Four
- Hollywood Strings Gold
- Hollywood Brass Gold
- Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold
- Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold
- Hollywood Harp Gold
- Hollywood Solo Cello Gold
- Hollywood Solo Violin Gold
- Symphonic Choirs Gold
- Symphonic Choirs Expansion
- Symphonic Orchestra Gold Strings
- Symphonic Orchestra Gold Brass
- Symphonic Orchestra Gold Woodwinds
- Symphonic Orchestra Gold Percussion
- Pianos Gold Bechstein D-280
- Pianos Gold Bosendorfer 290
- Pianos Gold Steinway D
- Pianos Gold Yamaha C7
- Ministry Of Rock 1
- Ministry Of Rock 2
- ProDrummer Spike Stent/Doug Rogers
- ProDrummer Joe Chiccarelli/Doug Rogers
- Stormdrum 2
- Stormdrum 2 Pro
- Stormdrum 3
- Voices of Passion
- 56’ Stratocaster
- BT Breakz
- BT Twisted Textures
- Drum n Bass
- Funky Ass Loops
- Guitar & Bass
- Ill Jointz
- Aerosmith’s Joey Kramer Drums
- Percussion adventures 1
- Percussion adventures 2
- Phat & Phunky
- Public Enemy
- Scoring Tools
- Smoov Grooves
- Steve Stevens Guitar
- Stormdrum 1 Loops
- Stormdrum 1 MuItiSamples
- Symphonic Adventures
- SPAUN DRUM COMPANY Custom Maple Natural Satin kit with black hardware:
- SPAUN 22”x 18” Bass Drum
- SPAUN 16”x 13.5” & 14” x 11.5” Floor Toms
- SPAUN 12”x 8.5” & 10” x 7.5” Rack Toms
- LUDWIG Black Beauty Snare Drum 14” x 6”
- PEARL Firecracker Snare Drum 10” x 4”
- HARTKE HA3500 Bass Guitar Head
- HARTKE Transporter 410TP Bass Guitar Cabinet
- MARSHALL JVM215C Electric Guitar Combo
- MARSHALL AS100D Acoustic Amp
- FENDER Prosonic Electric Guitar Head
- PEAVEY Audition 30 Electric Guitar Combo
- VOX Valvetronix VT20+ Electric Guitar Combo
- REID-SOHN Upright Overstrung 88 key piano in an oak cabinet
- KORG SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
- ORLA Ruby Electronic Organ
- APPLE iMac Retina 5K 4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 32gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB video memory
- LG ELECTRONICS 31MU97 31″ Class 17:9 Digital Cinema 4K IPS LED Monitor
- Digital Cinema 4K Resolution
- IPS Display with Adobe RGB over 99.5%
- Total Color Management
- 10-Bit Color Depth
- DCP-P3 Digital Cinema Color Standard
- CONTOUR ShuttlePro V2
- FOCUSRITE Saffire Pro 40
- EVENT ELECTRONICS TR8 XL
- APPLE Final Cut Pro X
- ADOBE Premier Pro CC
- ADOBE Photoshop CC
- ADOBE Lightroom CC
- ADOBE Illustrator CC
- ADOBE InDesign CC
- ADOBE Experience Design CC
- ADOBE After Effects CC
- ADOBE Acrobat Pro CC
- ADOBE Animate CC
- ADOBE Character Animation CC
- ADOBE Media Encoder CC
- ADOBE Fuse CC
- ADOBE SpeedGrade CC
- ADOBE Spark CC
We took the most delicious part of the recording chain and threw everything else out of the window.
The quality of the room is where it all begins. Our live areas have been designed by The Studio Wizard to ensure the best possible sonic environment for recording.
As well as sounding amazing the acoustically balanced rooms have completely silent, fresh air ventilation to keep that oxygen pumping when you are in the middle of a long session.
Both of our live rooms also have a dead side and a live side we we achieved with gorgeous floor to ceiling stone walls.
Our microphone list is small and mighty! We have a grand total of 26 microphones made up of only 14 different models… modest by any studio’s standard.
However, we went for quality over quantity selecting industry go to models that ensure the best possible outcome.
For our complete list of microphones please CLICK HERE.
Small, wiry and packing a mean punch… the legendary Van Damme cable range was an obvious choice for us!
Powering audio systems for over 25 years, from Abbey Road Studios to live gigs in the biggest stadiums, the Van Damme cables are designed and built specifically to ensure they always provide the best quality available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us on 020 3874 0044.
We have two preamp models, one brand and one man… Rupert Neve!
Between Studio A and Studio B there are a total of 40 1081 channels and 8 1073DPA channels which is a huge part of the Copper Brown sound. Not a single one of our industry standard microphones reach a final recording without first being gently caressed by a Neve preamp to give it that analogue warmth. Mmm toasty!
If you would like to make a booking, please contact us HERE.
To ensure the best possible digital conversion, both our studios are fitted with Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt AD/DA Converters.
Championed by world class engineers Bob Ludwig, Spike Stent & Rafa Sardina, to complete the final piece of the recording puzzle we chose Apogee to provide us with a 1.35 ms round-trip latency and 24bit recording for that extra headroom.
To request our rates, please click HERE.
THE MIXING SUITE
Like our live rooms, our mixing suite in Studio A has been designed by The Studio Wizard to be a perfectly balanced and controlled area.
Future proofed for 5.1 sound design, our mixing suite is relaxed and completely sound proofed to allow you the perfect environment to create a balanced mix.
To book a session at Copper Brown, please contact us HERE.
Whilst we have given way to the mixing console for a bank of Neve preamps, there is no more enjoyable way to carve a mix than by physically riding the faders.
We have a total of 48 Avid Artist Mix faders and pans to enable us to mix music projects and sound for picture with greater speed and ease than a mouse.
To see our full range of peripherals, please click HERE.
When it comes to monitoring, no solution is one size fits all.
We have a selection that covers all bases, from our Amphion One15’s unforgiving clarity, to our Barefoot Sound MicroMain35’s that pack a punch and precisely model the essential response and translation characteristics of other classic studio monitors.
To book a mixing session, please call us on 020 3874 0044.
THE SUM OF ALL THINGS
The final stage of our mixing process involves summing down to our Solid State Logic X-DESK for a SuperAnalogue™ (analogue purity at the highest level) 16 Channel Mixdown.
This completes our audio chain giving us an industry standard mics via Neve preamps through Van Damme cables signal path, then AD/DA conversion through an Apogee Symphony summed to SSL. Nice!
To book a recording, please contact us HERE.
When it comes to plugins, we went in hard! The pinnacle of our collection is the UAD Ultimate collection with two UAD-2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators.
We could tell you all about it but it’s probably better if you check out the hilarious video featuring music legend Ed Cherney…
We have a choice selection of backline here at Copper Brown.
From amps to organs with the pride of place being our 6 piece Spaun drum kit, all of the backline is included in the price of recording so feel free to browse our backline list and let us know if there is anything you fancy using on your next session.
You can view our full backline HERE.
THE VIDEO EDITING SUITE
Copper Brown also sports its very own Video Editing Suite with a 5k iMac, a 4k Colour grading monitor and a reference television so you can see what your video is going to look like across all formats.
At Copper Brown we know your recording session isn’t all work and no play so we spent serious consideration on our chill out facilities.
While you’re here, feel free to play Mario Kart on our life size projector, work on your fussball skills or make yourself a sandwich in our kitchen.
You are also welcome to use our shower facilities should you be on your way to a gig after your session and need to freshen up. For more information, feel free to call us on 020 3874 0044.